Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Videotape On Videotape

Earlier this summer, I resolved to not listen to The Eraser leak nor listen to bootlegs of new Radiohead songs. Needless to say, following my review of The Eraser, I have something to write about Radiohead's new material.

I am currently in love with the track "Videotape," a spiritual successor to "Pyramid Song." The backdrop is similar: Yorke is standing at the gates of heaven, looking back on the finer moments of his life gathered on videotape. Beginning with just Thom's vocals and his piano, the song builds as each band member contributes to this breathtaking epic. Any concerns about the quality of the new album can be put to rest. "Videotape" is the new "Street Spirit," "Exit Music," "How To Disappear Completely," or "Sail to the Moon."

The song is beyond beautiful. Have a listen.



When I'm at the pearly gates
This will be on my videotape, my videotape
Mephistopheles is just beneath
and he's reaching up to grab me

This is one for the good days
and i have it all here
In red, blue, green
Red, blue, green

You are my center
When i spin away
Out of control on videotape
On videotape

This is my way of saying goodbye
Because I can't do it face to face

No matter what happens now
I won't be afraid
Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh thomas no.... don't tell me... you have a blog??? what is the world coming to?


keri

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good review, by the way

 

Post a Comment

<< Home